Monday, November 9, 2009

Making Your Home A Haven--Muffin Tin Lunches


Over at one of my favorite blogs, A High and Noble Calling, Stephanie is hosting a weekly series named Making Your Home a Haven. There you will find posts from different women bloggers about what they do to make their families feel special and how they create a warm and loving environment in their homes. I am really excited to be part of this event!


My contribution to Making Your Home A Haven today is Muffin Tin Lunches, something I like to do for my children. The concept is simple--I pull out a couple of my muffin tins and fill each well with a finger food. Sometimes we use a theme, for example, "Ocean Day", in which I made a mini-octopus out of a hot dog (I'm sure you have seen that before!), fish-shaped crackers, cookies in the shape of shells, and mac and cheese with shell pasta. (Conincidentally, we do not eat a very healthy lunch on muffin tin day...just fun!) Sometimes, we don't even use a theme, I just fill up the tins with assorted finger foods. Here's what we have used in the past:


Grapes

Rolled up slices of turkey or roast beef

Cheese cubes

Tiny triangles of grilled cheese or peanut butter sandwiches

Carrot sticks w/ dipping sauce, usually ranch

Raisins

Cheerios

Apple slices

Bannana slices

Almond or cashews (for the older one)


We are currently planning some holiday themes and even "Mexican Day" per my oldest's request--I am trying to figure out how to make tiny tacos!


It's pretty easy to adapt muffin tin lunches to fit any age of child since it's pretty much ala carte. My 10 month old enjoys muffin tin lunch day as well!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea! I'll have to remember these for my grandson's visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have seen that and it is so cute! I have never done it though. What a wonderful way to make your home a haven!

    ReplyDelete